All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Finding Time

Lately I've been having a hard time finding time to myself to write.  I have, however, been reading a lot.  I recently read Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire.  I can't wait for the third book to come out later in August.  I also read SH*T My Dad Says, by Justin Halpern.  It made me laugh so much!  But, reader beware, it swears.  A LOT. So if you aren't into that, then I'd pass on it.  I just started reading G. Norman Lippert's James Potter series. So far so good.

The problem I seem to have is that I either am totally into reading, or writing, or doing nothing at all.  It was so much easier to write (and read) while I was on vacation.  Now that I'm home, life is hectic and crazy and all over the place, and I just don't seem to have the time.  I'm so behind in my "day job" I'm bringing my work home with me.

So, here's my question to all you guys.

How do you deal with life and family and school/work and writing and reading and everything else that seems to pop up?  How do you find a balance and take the time to get some good writing in?

No comments:

Post a Comment