All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I made a crazy decision

So, after two months of battling with about 1/3 of my novel written, I decided to scrap it.

Yes, you read that right.  I scrapped it.

Well, not completely.  I'm using it as a loose reference for the re-write I'm working on.

It got weird.  I couldn't successfully write the weird out, no matter how hard I tried (and believe me, I've been trying for 2 months), so the only other viable option I could see was to re-write it.

I'm actually happy with my re-write so far.  Yeah, I only have 3,601 words written.  Nothing like the 56,484 words I had before, but I am definitely happier with this.

It's not as fragmented, I think.  It definitely is going to make a lot more sense, too, and I'm changing the plot up slightly so that it's a little more believable.

So, wish me luck as I attempt to catch up to where I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment