So, after two months of battling with about 1/3 of my novel written, I decided to scrap it.
Yes, you read that right. I scrapped it.
Well, not completely. I'm using it as a loose reference for the re-write I'm working on.
It got weird. I couldn't successfully write the weird out, no matter how hard I tried (and believe me, I've been trying for 2 months), so the only other viable option I could see was to re-write it.
I'm actually happy with my re-write so far. Yeah, I only have 3,601 words written. Nothing like the 56,484 words I had before, but I am definitely happier with this.
It's not as fragmented, I think. It definitely is going to make a lot more sense, too, and I'm changing the plot up slightly so that it's a little more believable.
So, wish me luck as I attempt to catch up to where I was!