All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Struggling

Ok, this is getting a little ridiculous.

I've been sitting in front of my computer screen for over an hour, and have manage to barely write 1000 words.  It is definitely a slow night here.

Maybe it's the snow.  It's snowing outside, you know.  I have a hard time focusing when the weather is bad.  I'd much rather be curled up with a good book or good movie.  Sadly, I am determined not to do either until I get at least my 50,000 words back.  I'm currently around 11,500.  Not. Even. Close.

I'm starting to have those "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!" moments.

And then I remember how truly, utterly awful that first version was, and I have an "Oh, yeah, that's right," moment.

And then I go and do something stupid, like create another character that plays a major role later on (we'll see.....still figuring that whole tangent out.)  I'm sure that's contributing to my whole total of 1000 words tonight.

Well, I guess I'll quit delaying the struggle and get back to my remaining 2000 words.  I set a goal to write 3000 words tonight.  hahahaha yeah...right.  we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment