All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Camp Nano

I've been stuck. I haven't written for days. I got so behind that I didn't think I'd be able to catch up. Okay, so maybe I was only like 4000 words behind, but when you have to write almost 2000 words per day on top of that, it seemed like a lot.

Well last night I told myself that I if I got the dishwasher started and a load of laundry going, I could write for an hour and a half while the wash was in. I ended up writing for 2 hours because I can't just leave in the middle of a chapter. But I wrote! I caught up! And then I even got a few hundred words ahead of schedule!

I had been stuck. I hit a wall last week and I just couldn't figure out how to get around it. I decided to try taking the story in a completely different direction. I changed narrators, and the story started coming. In fact, I had to stop myself from continuing or else I would have stayed up all night. (Well, that and I had to edit a chapter of The Woods so I can get that published!)

So far I'm really excited about how this is progressing. And despite how busy things have been at my day job, I really think I might actually make my goal of 50,000 words this month. Maybe I'll post an excerpt later? Or maybe I'll wait and post an excerpt from The Woods or from The Sector instead. ;)  You'll have to wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment