All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Published!

I've spent the last few days having a minor freak out/panic attack/constant state of excitement.

Escaped is published. Officially. My book is for sale on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. HOLY CRAP!

I can't tell you how awesome this feels. (It's pretty awesome.) When my paperback proof arrived the other day I seriously did a crazy happy dance in my living room. Thank goodness we don't have downstairs neighbors!

Publishing has been the most amazing, scary, terrifying, satisfying, fulfilling experience. It's so incredible to hold the last four years of work in my hands and say "This is mine. I did this." It's awesome.

But, sometimes the awesome is short-lived by the self-doubt. What if no one likes it? What if I find a typo now that it's published, even though I proofread the thing like thirty bazillion times? What if it doesn't sell?

Well, I'm starting to learn that I have to forget all of those what ifs. They're just trying to drag me down. This is an exciting time, and I need to be positive. I also need to stay busy. So, I've started working on The Sector again. I just started putting it through it's (hopefully) final round of edits. I'm shooting for an October release date.

After The Sector, then I'll get back to work on Stalked (Escaped #2) and The Colony (The Sector #2). I'm also working on The Choice (a stand-alone title), which I wrote in July for Camp NaNoWriMo, and The Castle (The Sector #3), which I wrote in April for Camp NaNoWriMo.

In November I hope to be able to work on something completely different. I have a few ideas formulating in my head right now, so we'll see which one gets to come out, but the others I'll save for camp next year, I promise.

As for Escaped, well, you can purchase it on Kindle, Nook, or paperback. If you buy it, please consider leaving a review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and/or Goodreads. I'd really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment