All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Something New and Different

I started a novel back in 2007. It's been years since I've touched it. This past weekend I pulled it out, itching to work on something new and different. Because, let's be honest here, when you have a deadline for something else, that's the last thing you actually want to work on. Am I right?

I've written over 30,000 words already. Yes, most of them are from the original draft. But I'm taking the words in a completely different direction, and I'm so in love with it. This is completely new for me. It will actually have an ending, not a "continued in book 2". I'm kind of excited about this prospect. Of course, there are secondary characters popping up who are demanding their own stories be told, but we'll see what happens.

So, in celebration of doing something new and different, I thought I would share a little snippet with you all. Because you guys rock! (And really, what's the point of doing this if there aren't awesome people to do it for?)


“Jessi? Are you okay?” Brian asked, not noticing my injury. I shook my head and pointed to my foot. “Holy crap! What did you do?”

He rushed forward and inspected my ankle without touching it.

“It’s bad, isn’t it?” I asked, my eyes squeezed shut.

“That would be an understatement,” he nodded, looking away from my foot. “Where are you taking her?”

“The student clinic,” Karen snapped. “Duh, where else?”

Brian smacked his forehead with his palm.

“What?” Lisa snapped.

“Jessi, your roommates are morons,” he shook his head and pulled out his cell phone. “I’m calling an ambulance.”

I groaned. Yeah, this was a great start to my day. Wake up depressed, fall out of bed, break my ankle, run into Brian. Yep. Perfect.


So there you go! You're welcome ;)

Also, in other news, my proof for The Sector comes later this week. I'm so excited to release this one for you guys. You're going to love it!

Thanks so much for reading! And don't forget, if you haven't read Escaped yet, you are totally missing out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment