All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Dear Girlfriend

Today's writing prompt is: You are 21. Write a letter to your girlfriend. (Taken from 642 Things to Write About)

I decided to play off of the letter I did last night from the 13 year old girl's point of view. Let me know what you think in the comments!

XOXO,

JP

(As always, original work is copyright Joanna Peterson 2015. Thanks!)



Dear Girlfriend,

Do you realize I've kept every single thing you've ever written to me? I just found a note you wrote when we were 13. Don't get me wrong, I love you more today than I ever did back then, but you were pretty sappy. (Also, kind of obsessed with Mrs. Hamilton's ears - which I had completely forgotten about.)

I just wanted you to know how much I love and appreciate everything you've done for me over the years. You are my lifeline to the shore as I battle the waves of the unknown.

Thank you for keeping me grounded and tied to home. I don't know what I would do without you.

I love you,

Your Boyfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment