All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

It's Dark in Here

Today's writing prompt was to put yourself in the dark and write what happens. (Taken from 642 Things to Write About)

I had a lot of fun with this one. Let's just say I have some personal experience where this topic is concerned. haha

Let me know what you think in the comments!

XOXO,

JP

(As always, all original work is copyright Joanna Peterson 2015. Thanks!)



I open my eyes, but still can't see anything. I swing my legs off the bed and stand, bumping into the bookshelf next to the bed. Water splashes on my bare foot, and I realize I've just managed to spill my glass of water all over the floor. I shuffle toward the door, keeping one hand on the mattress to guide me. I trip and stumble over a shoe, bumping my hip into the metal corner of the laundry hamper. I reach out toward the wall, feeling for the switch with my fingers. I press the button, and blink in the brilliant light from the LED on the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment