All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 11, or I Want to Watch TV Instead










Dear Diary,

Tonight I almost didn't write at all. I've been catching up on Once Upon a Time (I'm halfway through season 2) and it got so good I didn't want to stop watching to write.

But, this weekend is the halfway point for camp, and I have a ton of work to do to get me to my halfway goal of 35,000 words. So, without further ado, here are my daily stats:

Goal: 70,000
Day 11 total: 2,514
Day 11 running total: 26,579
Words remaining: 43,421

And here's a small, but intriguing, excerpt for you tonight.


“Is it done?” the low, sinister voice snarled into the phone.
“Yes, just like you asked.”
“Thank you,” the voice sounded pleased. “You’ve proven your worth. Now, I have a mission for you.”
“A mission, sir?”
“Yes, a very important mission. Come to the house and I’ll fill you in on all the details.”

“Yes, sir.”

Ooh, interesting, right? Who's the girl? What is this secret mission she has? And who is giving her the orders? Answers will be revealed (or will they?) at the end of the book.

As always, thanks for reading!

XOXO,

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment