All of the work presented on this blog is © Joanna Peterson.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 14










Dear Diary,

It's Day 14 of Camp, and I'm finally almost halfway finished with my novel! I hit a good stride tonight with my writing - despite the call of awesome TV on my DVR - and I got over 5,000 words written. Here are the stats:

Goal: 70,000
Day 14 total: 5,501
Day 14 running total: 32,080
Words remaining: 37,920

Not too shabby, eh?

And, as per tradition, a little tidbit for you to read until my next post:

“Where’d she go?”
“She said she had to pee,” Trey shrugged. “Said she had a friend lived in one of the houses. I told her to hurry. She should be back soon.”
“You are an idiot!”
The silver-haired man threw a wrench across the back of the tow truck, hitting Trey squarely in the chest.
“Damn! That hurt. What was that for, boss?”
“You let her get away, you moron.”
“Look, I am not cut out for field work. I told you that when I signed on for this gig. I’m a tech guy. I’m comfortable inside, under fluorescent lights – or in the dark – with my computers surrounding me. This whole dressing-up-as-a-tow-truck-guy thing? Yeah, it isn’t for me,” Trey complained. He leaned back against the truck and stared up at the house.
“She’s not coming back.”
“Sure she is,” Trey nodded. “She said she needed to pee and her –”
“That’s the Turner house, you imbecile,” the older man threw another wrench at him, but this time, Trey ducked, narrowly avoiding it. “Now we have to go search the woods for her.”
“But it’s getting dark,” Trey whined.
“What? You afraid of the dark?” the man chuckled.
“Outdoors, in the woods, in the mountains I am.”
“What are you afraid of?”
“Mountain lions? Bears? Skunks?” Trey ticked the animals off on his fingers. “You name it, it’ll probably eat me. Sasquatch. There’ve been sightings out here, you know. It’s not normal for him to come so far south, but he’s been known to hang out here sometimes. What if I get eaten by a Sasquatch?”
“You’re delusional,” the older man shook his head as he reached out and grabbed Trey by the collar, dragging him toward the woods behind him. “Come on, we’ve got to go get her.”

“Fine,” Trey shrugged away from his grasp. “But I can walk myself, thank you.”

What do you think? I kind of love Trey. He's really stupid, but smart at the same time. You'll see.

XOXO,

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment